Skip to main content

Vanilla and Bourbon

I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the fall season for weeks!  The idea of wrapping myself up in warm sweaters and scarves, drinking hot tea, and being able to open my windows to breathe in the scent of autumn is just so appealing to me.  It's still a little warm for scarves, but that hasn't stopped me from wearing my current favorite fall perfume!

I picked up the Elizabeth and James rollerball set last Christmas as a small gift to myself.  While I do like all the scents, the Elizabeth and James Bourbon is by far my favorite.  It smells of oak, with notes of vanilla, and of course bourbon.  I typically like flowery perfumes, but even though this is more woody, it's actually rather sweet.  I just love how sultry and feminine I feel when I'm wearing it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...