Skip to main content

Happy November!


It is officially November, so you know what that means.  Holiday preparations are now in full swing. 

I’ve been told I’m so organized I’m boring, but making lists, forward thinking and planning helps with managing my stress levels.  There is just so much to do, think about, and keep track of!  I have about 5 lists going right now.  It’s crazy.  What’s most exciting is that since I’ve moved to a house, my family and I will have more room to spread out and relax at Thanksgiving. 

I always get so nervous that everything won’t work out, or people won’t have a good time.  But, no matter how much I worry, it always works out in the end.

Here’s to a happy, healthy, and relatively stress free holiday season!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...

There is No Gain Without Struggle

We all struggle with something.  In our moments of struggle, it's impossible to think that other people could possibly be feeling the same hurt, frustration, and loneliness we are.  Remember you are not alone.  Struggling is a part of being human.  Without it, we would not appreciate the good things that we have.  Today, recognize that without struggle, we are not driven to be better.  You are better today, than you were yesterday.  Just keep going!  Keep taking steps every day to work towards your goals of personal development.