Skip to main content

The Gift of Comfort

It has turned incredibly cold in my area lately.  And, when it is so chilly outside, there is nothing I like more than cuddling up at home in warm sweats and fuzzy socks.  Something that I invested in a few years ago, and cannot stop using are my fleece sheets.  It's like lying in a warm fuzzy cloud.  They are so warm and snuggley!  The only downside is that they make getting out of bed so hard in the morning.

I picked up my light blue set a few years ago.  They have worn really well, and look pretty much the way they did when I bought them.  They are just as warm as ever.  Since there are just a few days until the holidays, it might be a good time to give the gift of warmth and comfort this holiday season.  Or, maybe pick up a set for yourself.  I mean, how cute are the snowflake sheets!?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...