Skip to main content

Happy February!

It's officially February, and we are one month into 2016.  During January, I completed two challenges that I will eventually touch on, but I want to start some new challenges in February.  For one, I am not going to be the typically single girl on Valentine's Day that curses the day and has a man-hating party.  I intend to embrace my singleness, celebrate the progress I've made in my personal growth goals, and do something nice for myself.  I'm also intent on doing another fitness challenge.  The winter is always more difficult for me because it's so easy to sit inside and eat... everything.  So, I'm going to "Lose the Love Handles" and love myself a little more.  :) <3 


Thank you Pinterest and the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...

There is No Gain Without Struggle

We all struggle with something.  In our moments of struggle, it's impossible to think that other people could possibly be feeling the same hurt, frustration, and loneliness we are.  Remember you are not alone.  Struggling is a part of being human.  Without it, we would not appreciate the good things that we have.  Today, recognize that without struggle, we are not driven to be better.  You are better today, than you were yesterday.  Just keep going!  Keep taking steps every day to work towards your goals of personal development.