Skip to main content

Challenge Accepted


I’ve heard of people drinking hot lemon water first thing in the morning, but I was never that interested in trying it.  Chalk it up to being closed minded and in denial about being unhealthy.  In my pursuit to be healthier and an overall better person, I figured I could try something for three weeks.  Why not?  Worst case is that I feel no different and I’ll save money on lemons, right? 

In the words of Barney Stinson…

Truth is, after drinking hot lemon water first thing in the morning for three straight weeks is that I did feel different.  I noticed a decrease in water weight, an increase in regularity (TMI?), and an increase in my energy level first thing in the morning.  I also think I’ve been relatively healthy this winter and prevented getting sick because of the increase in vitamin C.

Plus, it didn’t really add any additional time to my morning routine.  There really is no recipe.  I just squeeze the juice from half a lemon into a mug and add hot water.  On occasion, I might add a little bit of apple cider vinegar.  

There are really many more health benefits than the ones I noticed, including:
·         Improving digestion
·         Rejuvenates skin and healing
·         Boosts the immune system
·         Boosts energy
·         Helps to lose weight
·         Improves liver function
·         Has an alkalizing affect on the body by balances pH levels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...