Skip to main content

Romancing Yourself



And, hello three day weekend!

It has been quite a couple of weeks, and I’m very happy to say that work has gradually started to turn from completely and utterly insane, to just utterly insane.  I’m really going to relish the quiet time of this weekend.

I recently watched a TV show episode, which featured the importance of small gestures.  I feel starved for romance.  And, I love me some romance.  I mean, who doesn’t dream of the guy that actually comes to your door to pick you up for a date, and who takes your hand when you walk somewhere together, or even the simple act of showing up with a pizza and a bottle of wine after work, when they know that you’ve had a rough day?  I’m not looking for lavish gifts or flowers on the regular, just some thoughtful gestures. 

Surprisingly, the person I love did think of me this Valentine’s Day.  He gave me an incredibly thoughtful gift that couldn’t be more me.  And, even more surprisingly, he gave the gift to me a week early, after I told him I had had a bad day.  He can be incredibly kind and thoughtful when he wants to be.

I consider myself to be single, but am I?  I’m not quiet sure.  Regardless, since I am embracing self-love, it got me thinking… Can I romance myself?  Honestly, I’m not quiet sure that the impact will be the same as if someone else did these things, but it’s certainly nice to pamper yourself. 

I am excited to report that this Valentine’s Day weekend, I will be making myself some red velvet pancakes, painting my nails, and indulging in a little shopping. 

Below are some great options for romancing oneself that I want to keep in my repertoire for future use:

  • Buy yourself some flowers.
  • Take yourself out to dinner.
  • Take yourself out for a mani/pedi.
  • Buy some lingerie to wear to bed or under your clothes.
  • Go out to a movie.
  • Go to the theatre or ballet.
  • Indulge in a decadent dessert.
  • Play hooky from work and do whatever you want.
  • Go out for breakfast at a cute bistro.
  • Go out to listen to music/jazz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...