Skip to main content

Impossible Cases

A couple weeks ago, I was catching up with my Aunt, and we were discussing my sister’s up-coming wedding.  Which, led to a discussion of my lack of a relationship. 

My Aunt told me to pray to Saint Jude. 

Now, growing up Catholic, and having attending 12 years of Catholic school, I should know what Saint Jude is the patron of… but, I did not.  So, I asked.  And, my Aunt said, “He’s the patron saint of impossible cases.”  I immediately laughed.  I suppose some could have taken that as an insult.  But, I thought it was so appropriate.  I mean, how often do I feel like I’m just a hopeless case, destined to be alone forever?  More often than I care to admit.
 
I like to be in control.  And, in instances where it's impossible to control the situation, I create an illusion of control.  I often forget that ultimately, I need to surrender to God, and put my faith in Him.  Don't get my wrong.  I don't think that praying I'm good at relationships, will somehow miraculously make me good at them.  I still have to do the work.  But, God can put people in my path, and make certain experiences possible, that will ultimately make me good at relationships.  He provides the path I need to take to reach my goals.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...

There is No Gain Without Struggle

We all struggle with something.  In our moments of struggle, it's impossible to think that other people could possibly be feeling the same hurt, frustration, and loneliness we are.  Remember you are not alone.  Struggling is a part of being human.  Without it, we would not appreciate the good things that we have.  Today, recognize that without struggle, we are not driven to be better.  You are better today, than you were yesterday.  Just keep going!  Keep taking steps every day to work towards your goals of personal development.