Skip to main content

Be the Change You Want to See in the World!




I am extremely excited to report that I have finally decided on a mission statement for this blog, as well as in a way, my own life. 

Be the change you want to see in the world. 

 

So often, I find myself judging others for how they act, how lazy, or how unaware they are.  When in fact, there are many ways that I am the same as these people that I'm so quickly judging!   Going forward, if I see something I don’t like, the first thing I’m going to do is self-evaluate and see how I may be doing the same thing.  Sure, I may not be too lazy to put my shopping cart back in the shopping cart return corral, but there are certainly other ways that I act lazy and half-ass things that I shouldn’t. 

We can't change what others do or don't do, but we can certainly change ourselves!  I refuse to believe that people can't change.  That they can't improve, and make a conscious decision to live life differently.  And, I can prove it!  There are definitely things that I now approach differently than I used to.  And, I will continue to grow, learn, and become the best me I can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...