Skip to main content

Possibilities

As I enter the new year, I feel hopeful.

I came across this quote on Pinterest recently, and it really resonated with me.


So often, I want to avoid the day, and really avoid life in general.  I just want to stay in bed in the morning.  It's not just that I don't like getting up early, or that I don't want to go to work.  I've been wanting to avoid life!  There have been times, too numerous to count, that I would rather pull away from the world and not have to talk to anyone or live up to the expectations.

That funk that I was in, that pity party I was throwing for myself because I wasn't getting what I thought I deserved... pride.  All pride.

No more.

I'm still not a huge morning person.  But, when I get up in the morning, I look forward to seeing what new lessons there will be to learn.  I look forward to growing and challenging myself.  I'm excited to grow my faith.  I feel like I'm finally working towards something important!  I'm not trying to force myself to feel a certain way, or train myself to do something new.  No fake it till you make it.

I've finally found my motivation!

How prideful I am was thrown in my face.  All the many aspects of it.  And, I'm still learning more about it, and all the ways that it touches and destroys lives.  Not just mine, but also the people I come into contact with everyday.

I'm not sure what clicked, because my ex tried to reach me for so long.  And, I just didn't get it.  All I can say is that it must have been God.  There's just no other explanation as to why I feel so different.  Why it feels like a light switch has just been flipped on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...