Skip to main content

This Emotion Will Destroy Your Love Life


This video has such a powerful message.  I am so guilty of not doing things because I'm afraid of how I'll look, or that people will think I'm silly, or stupid.  That's pride.  While I have erased pride in some areas of my life, there are many, many, many others that I still need to go through, and actively weed out this destructive emotion. 

I love that Matthew says that we must be students in our own lives, because ultimately, that's what I've been trying to do.  I am trying to learn as much as I can from every experience I go through.  It can be from watching people interact on the train during my commute, how I interact with someone at work, how I stand up for myself with a family member, or how I watch a neighbor treat others.  Regardless of whether the lesson was positive or negative, at least I know what works, and what doesn't.  And, thus, can put this knowledge and experience to use in my own life, to positively affect those around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...