Sometimes it's hard to remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. It can be so discouraging when you try something new and don't see the immediate results you want. There's always going to be set backs, and once in awhile old habits will creep up on you before you even realize it. The best you can do is be aware, keep learning, keep growing, and find a passion for the mission you're on, no matter what it is. Don't give up!
Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers. During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room. But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine. But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude. It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats. Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others. I immediately did some self-reflection. While I'm pretty good about not...
Comments
Post a Comment