Skip to main content

Oh Captain, my Captain

Robin Williams will always have a special place in my heart.  I can remember when his production of Robin Williams: Live on Broadway came out in 2002.  It aired on HBO, and I loved it so much that I ended up taping it off the T.V.  (Remember when we used to do that?)  It wasn’t until two to three years later that I relied on that video to bring light and laughter into my day.  I was working a job I didn’t enjoy, and was experiencing the pain of “paying your dues” and “starting from the bottom.”  I was also living with a roommate that turned out to not be a very good friend.  So, I felt like I had no escape.  I hated being at work, and I hated being at home.  I would put on this video every night as I went to bed.  I swear the jokes never got old.  As I watched, I was able to relax from my day, smile, and sleep more soundly.

Thank you, Robin Williams.    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...

There is No Gain Without Struggle

We all struggle with something.  In our moments of struggle, it's impossible to think that other people could possibly be feeling the same hurt, frustration, and loneliness we are.  Remember you are not alone.  Struggling is a part of being human.  Without it, we would not appreciate the good things that we have.  Today, recognize that without struggle, we are not driven to be better.  You are better today, than you were yesterday.  Just keep going!  Keep taking steps every day to work towards your goals of personal development.