Skip to main content

My Relationship Resume

Given my relationship history, there is one thing I'm certain of... that I'm terrible at relationships.  So, in the interest of personal growth and self-improvement, I made the decision to create a relationship resume.  There's got to be some natural relationship ability within me!  Right?  Maybe?

Unfortunately, I ran into some very serious, slap in the face, physical proof that I am, in fact, not good at relationships.  All I could come up with was an extremely small list of promises.  What's sad is that there is nothing on this list that will lead to a very deep or loving relationship.


Needless to say, I have some work to do in regards to being a good relationship partner. 
  • To never avoid your phone calls because I'm angry with you.
  • To rub your back until you fall asleep.
  • To let you know that I think about you throughout the day.
  • To respond to your texts, when warranted, and not leave you hanging.
  • To compromise.
  • To be faithful.
  • To always ask about your day.
  • To learn about your interests so that we can both enjoy it.
  • To always be fun loving, and have a good time no matter what we do.
  • To remain in good shape and live a relatively healthy lifestyle.
  • To show my love through affection.
  • To continue to work on myself, and always strive to grow and learn.
  • To show up when you need me.
  • To commit to plans without being nagged about it.
  • To be respectful of your time, and always show up when I say I will.
  • To look nice for you.
  • To always find a way to be romantic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...

There is No Gain Without Struggle

We all struggle with something.  In our moments of struggle, it's impossible to think that other people could possibly be feeling the same hurt, frustration, and loneliness we are.  Remember you are not alone.  Struggling is a part of being human.  Without it, we would not appreciate the good things that we have.  Today, recognize that without struggle, we are not driven to be better.  You are better today, than you were yesterday.  Just keep going!  Keep taking steps every day to work towards your goals of personal development.