Skip to main content

Chakra Test


As of late, I’ve been feeling rather like an empty shell of a person.  I go through the motions each day forcing myself to complete certain tasks even though I really don’t feel like doing anything.  Yesterday I actually considered not opening my umbrella in the pouring rain to walk between my car and my apartment for the sole reason that I just didn’t feel like it.  I feel lazy and lethargic most of the time.  There are days when it takes all my energy to keep myself sitting upright at work.  I’m tired.  In the past I would have said I’m just burnt out, and that I need a vacation.  I don’t think I always felt this way.  But, maybe I did.  I really can’t recall.  Regardless, something needs to change.  I need to find the purpose for my existence.

As I’ve gotten more and more into the healing powers of yoga and am beginning to explore meditation, it kind of seemed like the natural next step to move forward with understanding the 7 chakras.  After I learned more about what they are, my next question was what chakra or chakras are out of balance?   And what do I even do about it?  I’ve been on the hunt for a good chakra quiz.  There are many of them out there, but I decided I like this one the best.  I plan to use this as one tool to check in with myself and see how I’m progressing.

After taking the quiz, I learned that all of my chakras are under-active.  On a scale of -100% to +100% with 0% being balanced, below are my results:

Root: under-active (-56%)
Sacral: under-active (-38%)
Navel: under-active (-38%)
Heart: under-active (-12%)
Throat: under-active (-31%)
Third Eye: under-active (-44%)
Crown: under-active (-6%)

Since my root chakra is the most under-active, and quite frankly is considered the foundation of the chakras I’m starting with this one.  Literally, I plan to build myself up from the bottom up moving from the root to the crown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...