Skip to main content

Love and Respect


Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs is amazing.  This book is phenomenal, incredible, fascinating, mind blowing... life altering...  I cannot say enough good things about this book!

It is seriously LIFE CHANGING!  I am bold enough to say, this has got to be the best relationship book ever written.

We all need both love and respect.  However, what I found most staggering, is that men place greater importance on respect, whereas women will almost always rank love as the most important above everything else.  It has completely changed the way that I approach the men in my life.

When I want to show someone how important they are to me, I will shower them with love.  If there is a way to show someone how much they mean to me, I will find a way through small thoughtful gestures.  My goal is always to make someone feel loved and special.  I kind of consider myself to be the queen of thoughtful gestures.

So, when my ex told me that thoughtful gestures weren't enough, I had a really hard time accepting this.  I thought he was just being mean.  But, what I've come to discover, is that he was not being mean.  In fact, in his way, he was trying to help me to love him in the way that he needed!  He is seriously the best man.  He tried reaching out, to help me to see what was not working for him in our relationship.  Most men would not do that.

There is something for both men and women in this book, with several chapters dedicated to each.  It even includes multiple ways to love your wife, and respect your husband.  Respect comes so naturally to men, so they are called to unconditionally love their wives.  And, love comes easier to women, and they are called to unconditionally respect their husbands.  Unconditional respect is not something I had heard of before reading this book.  We typically think that respect is earned.  But, there are so many great testimonials of what happens when woman give their husbands unconditional respect. 

This is the video that made me immediately order the book off Amazon.  It's kind of annoying that the video is in two parts, but definitely worth a watch!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Lord

When I die, put my ashes in the trash bag I don't care where they go Don't waste your money on my gravestone I'm more concerned about my soul Everybody's gon' die Don't everybody live though Sometimes I look up to the sky And wonder do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord Listen, yeah everybody wants change Don't nobody wanna change though Don't nobody wanna pray Till they got something to pray for Now everybody's gon' die But don't everybody live though Sometimes I look up to the sky And wonder do you see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord It's easy to blame God but harder to fix things We look in the sky like, "Why ain

See the Value in Each Day's Journey

Sometimes the road seems so long and endless, that the idea we'll ever get to where we want to be seems like a battle that will never be won.  That all our efforts don't matter, and are for nothing.  But, the truth is, we need to find joy in the journey.  Stop focusing so much on what we don't have and that place that we haven't reached yet, and start being present in the moment and learning how everything we do affects us, and others.  Ask yourself, what is the impression I made today?  How have I affected others?  How does that make me feel?  How can I do better? Too often, I believe that we miss part of the message we're supposed to get out of our experiences, because we're so focused on the the end point. "The Pleasure and value of every walk or journey we take may be doubled to us by carefully noting down the impressions it makes upon us." - John Burroughs

Happy November!

It is officially November, so you know what that means.   Holiday preparations are now in full swing.   I’ve been told I’m so organized I’m boring, but making lists, forward thinking and planning helps with managing my stress levels.   There is just so much to do, think about, and keep track of!   I have about 5 lists going right now.   It’s crazy.   What’s most exciting is that since I’ve moved to a house, my family and I will have more room to spread out and relax at Thanksgiving.   I always get so nervous that everything won’t work out, or people won’t have a good time.   But, no matter how much I worry, it always works out in the end. Here’s to a happy, healthy, and relatively stress free holiday season!