Skip to main content

Love and Respect


Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs is amazing.  This book is phenomenal, incredible, fascinating, mind blowing... life altering...  I cannot say enough good things about this book!

It is seriously LIFE CHANGING!  I am bold enough to say, this has got to be the best relationship book ever written.

We all need both love and respect.  However, what I found most staggering, is that men place greater importance on respect, whereas women will almost always rank love as the most important above everything else.  It has completely changed the way that I approach the men in my life.

When I want to show someone how important they are to me, I will shower them with love.  If there is a way to show someone how much they mean to me, I will find a way through small thoughtful gestures.  My goal is always to make someone feel loved and special.  I kind of consider myself to be the queen of thoughtful gestures.

So, when my ex told me that thoughtful gestures weren't enough, I had a really hard time accepting this.  I thought he was just being mean.  But, what I've come to discover, is that he was not being mean.  In fact, in his way, he was trying to help me to love him in the way that he needed!  He is seriously the best man.  He tried reaching out, to help me to see what was not working for him in our relationship.  Most men would not do that.

There is something for both men and women in this book, with several chapters dedicated to each.  It even includes multiple ways to love your wife, and respect your husband.  Respect comes so naturally to men, so they are called to unconditionally love their wives.  And, love comes easier to women, and they are called to unconditionally respect their husbands.  Unconditional respect is not something I had heard of before reading this book.  We typically think that respect is earned.  But, there are so many great testimonials of what happens when woman give their husbands unconditional respect. 

This is the video that made me immediately order the book off Amazon.  It's kind of annoying that the video is in two parts, but definitely worth a watch!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...

There is No Gain Without Struggle

We all struggle with something.  In our moments of struggle, it's impossible to think that other people could possibly be feeling the same hurt, frustration, and loneliness we are.  Remember you are not alone.  Struggling is a part of being human.  Without it, we would not appreciate the good things that we have.  Today, recognize that without struggle, we are not driven to be better.  You are better today, than you were yesterday.  Just keep going!  Keep taking steps every day to work towards your goals of personal development.