Skip to main content

Words of Wisdom



My parents posted this excerpt from Dragnet to their Facebook page recently.  I found the message incredibly insightful.  Something that I find difficult in my life is to keep things in perspective.  Experience matters.  And, it makes a huge difference on how we view the world and our everyday lives.  If we don’t go through hardships, we would never appreciate the good things in our lives. 

Yeah, there are days when I seriously hate my job.  But, when I stop and look back at all of the horrible jobs I’ve had in the past, my job, even on a really bad and stressful day, is really great.  I actually enjoy what I do.  And, for the first time in my life I feel like I have a purpose and contribute to the business of my company. 

Instead of looking at those stressful days, where it feels like the whole world is against you, as a bad day.  I plan to look at those days as a day of personal growth, and be grateful for the experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...