Skip to main content

A Little Pampering

As of late, I’ve been seeking some pampering.  I’ve been thinking about it so often that it actually concerns me, because seeking pleasure in excess is not a good thing.  I accept that I’m after a feeling.  I’m searching for something.  To scratch the surface, I want to feel beautiful, taken care of, and well… pampered.  I’m also thinking this is a way to show myself love?  Maybe a little self-romance?  I know I’ve been feeling a little isolated and unnoticed lately.  I haven’t quite figured it out yet.  But, it’s something that I’m not going to accept at face value. 

I made a DIY body scrub several weeks ago, and I’ve been obsessed ever since.  I was amazed, as it seems contradictory, that after using a scrub my skin was no longer dry and itchy.  For months, I’ve been scratching my legs until they either bled or became bruised.  And, no amount of lotion ever seemed to make a difference.  Apparently, the trick behind a good scrub is that it sloughs off the top layer of dead skin, allowing the skin underneath to absorb the oils and moisturize your skin.  An added benefit is that the rubbing action boosts circulation and drains lymph nodes.  Not to mention, I've never had a closer shave.  It feels so amazing that I have to stop myself from using it daily, instead of only a couple of times a week.    

I found the below recipe on this website.  I love the citrusy scent.  It’s so revitalizing and perfect for summer.  It makes me feel like I’m an ultra luxurious spa. 

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • ¼ cup of coconut oil (slightly melted for about 10 seconds)
  • 1 lemon
  • 25 drops of lemon essential oil
  • 1 tbsp olive oil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...