Skip to main content

A Year in Retrospect

It dawned on me recently that I was coming up on the one year anniversary of my very first blog post.  It kind of blows my mind.  Twelve months can go by so fast.  In some ways I feel like I’ve really grown and come into my own.  I love that I’ve come to enjoy learning new things about myself, and finding the true meaning behind the actions I take.  I feel like I’m less likely to be taken advantage of, for the sole reason that I was too simple minded to see what others were actually doing.  Not to mention, all the things I was doing to other people!  I definitely feel more confident in who I am, and what I’m capable of accomplishing.  And, best of all, I actually have proof that I am different.  There is actual, physical proof that I have grown from who I was a year ago.  It’s not just about whether or not I feel that I’m different.  I still have so much more to learn, but at least I can see the progress that I’ve made.  And, that makes me happy. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...