Skip to main content

Think of Stress as Your Friend!


So, call me crazy, but I now look at stress, and being pushed passed my limits as a good thing.

Several weeks ago, I had one of those days at work where nothing seemed to be going my way.  My pride took a hit when I needed a more tenured associate to help me with something I felt like I should have been able to handle on my own.  It frustrated and angered me because, as I prepared to go out on vacation, and my co-workers, whom I have backed up numerous times, decided they didn't have time to back me up, but hey... the intern's available!  And, then to top it off, I discovered the promotion I was expecting to receive in July, wasn't going to be happening any time soon.

Not.a.good.day.

In the past, I would have dragged my ass home, and drowned myself in junk food and wine, and been in a bad mood for days.  Now.... it took less than 24 hours to get back to my old self.  I came to terms with the fact that I couldn't control everything, and that that feeling of stress and frustration was only helping me become a more patient, compassionate, and understanding person.  Once I started thinking this way, I've noticed that I've been so much happier than I've ever been in the past.  😁

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...

There is No Gain Without Struggle

We all struggle with something.  In our moments of struggle, it's impossible to think that other people could possibly be feeling the same hurt, frustration, and loneliness we are.  Remember you are not alone.  Struggling is a part of being human.  Without it, we would not appreciate the good things that we have.  Today, recognize that without struggle, we are not driven to be better.  You are better today, than you were yesterday.  Just keep going!  Keep taking steps every day to work towards your goals of personal development.