Skip to main content

Cold Case Christianity

I'm fortunate enough to have a close friend, with whom I'm able to talk openly about my faith.  And, I imagine that we have a lot of the same questions as most people with regards to God.  Like, why does he seem absent a lot of the time?  And, why do bad things happen to good people?  My friend ended up finding this great video by J. Warner Wallace, who not only does videos, podcasts, and blog posts, but also writes books on Christianity.  If you've seen God's Not Dead 2, you'll probably recognize him from the below court scene.


I was so excited to find out that this guy was real, and not just a character in the movie.  I just love his approach to making Christianity and the Bible easier to understand.  There's no other way to put it than, J. Warner just makes it all make sense!

I've downloaded the Case for Christianity app, and have been listening to Warner's podcasts when I can.  I just can't get enough.  Some of my favorites are Was Jesus Offensive?,  Why Is God So Hidden?, Why Would a Good God Allow Evil, and The Resurrection of Jesus.  This isn't about trying to convert others, but rather, simply looking at the facts like a detective looking for the truth.  Take an opportunity to have a listen!  His podcasts are only about 30 minutes long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...