Skip to main content

Balancing my Sacral Chakra


The sacral chakra is associated with creativity, sexuality, and pleasure.  Just from taking the chakra tests, I already knew my sacral chakra wasn’t too far off balance.  But, that being said, I in no way consider myself a creative person.  Nor do I consider myself to be good at relationships.  I can only think of two people in the whole world that I feel relatively comfortable opening up to.  And even then, I pick and choose those areas that I open up about very carefully.  Developing deeper and more meaningful relationships is something that I’ve wanted to work on for a while now, but I have this fear that keeps me from moving.  What if I do, and people don’t like me or think I’m crazy?  What if I end up losing those few friends that I currently have?  Oh, the list can go on…

There are multiple symptoms that could be caused by an unbalanced sacral chakra.  Personally, I tend to have more psychological issues that physical.  

Psychological Symptoms:
·         Lack of energy and zest for life.
·         Inability to open up in relationships.
·         Fear of pleasure, deny yourself of things that make you feel good.
·         Lack creativity
·         Low libido or have an inability to derive pleasure from intercourse.
·         Overly emotional, or form unhealthy emotional attachments to people.

Physical Symptoms:
·         Kidney problems and UTI’s
·         Chronic lower back pain
·         Irregular menstruation
·         Sexual disorders

There are multiple healing techniques that I want to try that go beyond meditation.  While meditation is something I’m still doing regularly, below are some other things I plan to integrate into my weekly routine.

Left Nostril Breathing – Simply block the right nostril with your thumb and inhale and exhale through the left nostril for roughly eight to ten breaths.  Left nostril breathing activates the Ida Nerve Ending, which is associated with lunar energy, and therefore, more feminine.  In contrast, the right nostril is associated solar energy and more masculine. 

Hip Opening Yoga Poses – I love hip opening because I sit so much throughout the day.  I’ll be looking for more YouTube videos that target the hips!

Appreciation – I don’t appreciate what I have.  In the past, I would have denied that because I know I’m lucky, and have had a reasonably comfortable life.  However, I’m a moody person and become very angry and irritated when things don’t go the way I want them to.  I’ve spoken before about a co-worker who is a big morning person.  Once I started focusing on all the reasons that I appreciate her being in my life, I’m more open to having our morning chit-chat sessions.

Taking a bath – The sacral chakra is associated with the element of water, so relaxing in water or around a body of water is supposed to aid in opening the second chakra. Besides providing a really great way to relax and keep your emotions flowing, taking a bath is also a good time to appreciate your body for what it is and looking attractive as a male or female. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh Lord

When I die, put my ashes in the trash bag I don't care where they go Don't waste your money on my gravestone I'm more concerned about my soul Everybody's gon' die Don't everybody live though Sometimes I look up to the sky And wonder do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord Listen, yeah everybody wants change Don't nobody wanna change though Don't nobody wanna pray Till they got something to pray for Now everybody's gon' die But don't everybody live though Sometimes I look up to the sky And wonder do you see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord, do You see us down here? Oh Lord, oh Lord It's easy to blame God but harder to fix things We look in the sky like, "Why ain

See the Value in Each Day's Journey

Sometimes the road seems so long and endless, that the idea we'll ever get to where we want to be seems like a battle that will never be won.  That all our efforts don't matter, and are for nothing.  But, the truth is, we need to find joy in the journey.  Stop focusing so much on what we don't have and that place that we haven't reached yet, and start being present in the moment and learning how everything we do affects us, and others.  Ask yourself, what is the impression I made today?  How have I affected others?  How does that make me feel?  How can I do better? Too often, I believe that we miss part of the message we're supposed to get out of our experiences, because we're so focused on the the end point. "The Pleasure and value of every walk or journey we take may be doubled to us by carefully noting down the impressions it makes upon us." - John Burroughs

Happy November!

It is officially November, so you know what that means.   Holiday preparations are now in full swing.   I’ve been told I’m so organized I’m boring, but making lists, forward thinking and planning helps with managing my stress levels.   There is just so much to do, think about, and keep track of!   I have about 5 lists going right now.   It’s crazy.   What’s most exciting is that since I’ve moved to a house, my family and I will have more room to spread out and relax at Thanksgiving.   I always get so nervous that everything won’t work out, or people won’t have a good time.   But, no matter how much I worry, it always works out in the end. Here’s to a happy, healthy, and relatively stress free holiday season!