Skip to main content

Another Year Older...

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been three whole years since I started this blog.  It’s kind of crazy to look back and see how far I’ve come, and how much I’ve grown.  I feel happier, stronger, and more at peace as a person now, than ever before over the span of my life.  I won’t lie… I’m kind of proud of  myself.
 
That being said, there is still work I want to do, and goals I want to accomplish.  So much so, that I often feel super anxious because I feel like time is just running out.  But, I think as long as I stay organized and on top of my goals, I’ll accomplish what I want.  (Hopefully!)   There are so many things that I’m looking forward to.  For one, my bestie is getting married!  So, I’ll be traveling to Italy for the first time for the wedding.  And while I’m over in Europe, I also hope to make a stop in Paris!  I’m also looking forward to making my new house, more of a home.  I’ve lost some steam with getting everything in order, but I hope that in the next couple weeks I can start making progress again. 
 
I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I feel like I’m at a turning point.  Like, things will be changing.  And, that makes me both excited and nervous.  While I want the challenges to keep on coming, so that I continue to grow as a person, with new experiences adding to my overall level of understanding.  I also worry these challenges could be extremely painful.  I just pray that God continues to work on me, and teach me lessons in kind and loving ways. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...

There is No Gain Without Struggle

We all struggle with something.  In our moments of struggle, it's impossible to think that other people could possibly be feeling the same hurt, frustration, and loneliness we are.  Remember you are not alone.  Struggling is a part of being human.  Without it, we would not appreciate the good things that we have.  Today, recognize that without struggle, we are not driven to be better.  You are better today, than you were yesterday.  Just keep going!  Keep taking steps every day to work towards your goals of personal development.