Skip to main content

Stop that Negative Self-Talk

Two weeks ago, I really suffered from some big time negative self-talk.  I went on a cruise centered around Christian music, and while the cruise was amazing, I really felt like I was the black sheep.  My internal voice kept saying that I shouldn't be there, that I was going to corrupt those around me, and that I was simply a lost cause.  I was also worried that my co-workers would be happy to not have me around for a few days.  And, I noticed that my first day back to work, I was already in a really defensive mood.

But, knowing that this is just my insecurities rearing its ugly head, helps me to cope.  For me, somehow simply identifying what I'm doing, can help me to stop this negative self-talk.  But, even though these internal discussions with myself make me feel like a bull dog's chew toy, I use it as motivation to continue on my journey of personal growth.

Another Monday, and therefore a fresh new week is here.  It's another opportunity to stop making the same old mistakes, and start making new one ones.  :)

Have a happy day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise Your Standards

Why Do People Do What They Do?

Last week, I attended a client meeting with several of my co-workers.  During said meeting, one of my co-workers, and good friend, got up to get water for our guests from a mini fridge in a cabinet located in the meeting room.  But, she wasn't really quiet or discrete about it, and proceeded to slam the cabinet doors, while our guests were speaking. Maybe it's because I've lived in an apartment for too long, and the sound of my neighbors slamming their doors and kitchen cabinets has become a big pet peeve of mine.  But, to me, her actions seemed a little rude.  It got me wondering... why do people do some of the things they do? After doing some Googling, it seems like there are many reasons for why people slam things like doors, cabinets, and toilet seats.  Reasons range from anger, lack of awareness, laziness, selfishness, bad manners, and lack of consideration for others.  I immediately did some self-reflection.  While I'm pretty good about not...

Yoga Terminology

I've really been getting into my yoga practices.  Mostly, I believe because I'm trying to not only deepen my practice, but enhance my life through mantras.  (More on that another time.)  Something I'm also trying is to get more involved in things that I'm interested in.  For example, I enjoy yoga.  But, in the past, if someone had asked me to tell them about yoga and practice, I would have told them, "Well... I do a 30 minute at home practice a couple of days a week?"  I think I can go deeper in life, relationships, my thoughts, and my interests.  Hence... I looked up the history of yoga and some common yoga terms that I should be familiar with.   Asanas ("seat") (ah-sahn-ah) : Physical postures of yoga. Chakra: energy center; the basic system has seven chakras (root, sacrum, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye and crown), each of which is associated with a color, element, syllable, significance, etc. Dharma: truth; the teaching...